Sunday, April 18, 2010

trees

have you ever been watching a movie and a character has written a poem or song, and you write down the lyrics to remember them later? or you may Google the movie to make sure what you've jotted down is correct? or, if you're like me, you rewind that part of the movie and listen to it as many times as it takes to write it down perfectly?

anyways... i've never been a poet or good songwriter. i have a dozen book ideas but can't seem to write the stories. i'm a scientist by nature, lacking the natural talent for literature, i suppose. from time to time i'm going to write stuff here. whether it is my own, or a tribute to a random movie or book. here on my notepad over the interwebs. bear with me.

"The Memory of Trees" - Meg, Blue Car
The past
Everything that went before, is a dry leaf fallen from a dead tree.
The tree's been cut down,
the leaf crushed by feet and ground into earth.
So now there is only the memory of trees.
I am the disease that rots the bark of trees.
I am rust and gravity.
In my dreams we are all together again and my mom is happy.
But then the leaves all fall off the trees and my dad is gone.
I call out to him, but wherever he is he can't hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment